Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Week 53: Review

With Christmas it's been extremely busy around here, so I'm a bit late in getting this post out - but seeing as it's Wednesday already I figured I'd better get it done ;) Unfortunately, that also meant that my cycling suffered again this week and I wasn't able to get in any mileage unfortunately. With that said, most of that busyness was spending time with family, so it was time well spent either way and I'm not worrying about it too much. I'm still in base training at this point, so missing a bit of mileage isn't a huge deal (especially as cycling will simply be cross training for the next cycle anyway).

Running and Swimming largely went as planned, so there isn't a whole lot to report on that front. The weather has been cold and icy, but that's par for the course this time of year and I'm starting to get used to that. The details are largely covered in my exercise logs, so given time constraints I'll just stick to that at this juncture ;)

In other news, thanks to some Christmas contributions by the family I finally picked up the cyclocomputer and aerobars that I was looking at. I've been playing around with a few options on both fronts for a while now, and working it into Christmas gave me a hard deadline to make a decision on which way to go. I also picked up another saddle and seatpost head, which will allow me to quickly switch between properly fitted positions for both road and TT configurations. Once I get them installed on the bike I'll give some first impressions on both, but it's good to have finally figured it out ;)

Week 53 Totals:
Running: 56.9km (35.4mi)
Walking: 4.0km (2.5mi)
Cycling: 0.0km (0.0mi)
Swimming: 9.2km (5.7mi)
Total: 116.7km (72.5mi)

Year to Date:
Running: 2,663.4km (1,655.0mi)
Walking: 233.6km (145.2mi)
Cycling: 4,028.5km (2,503.2mi)
Swimming: 175.7km (109.2mi)
Total: 7,101.2km (4,412.5mi)

If I had been a bit more diligent on my cycling this month I may have been able to get that total up to 7,500km but unfortunately that isn't going to happen in the remaining time. Otherwise, the totals for 2009 are looking pretty good - a little lower than last year, but that's largely because I had to cut down on the walking to make room for other things. Either way, I'll make up an explicit year end review sometime on Friday so I shouldn't go on too much about this ;)

The upcoming week will largely be a carbon copy of my normal template. As we're part way through this week already, I've filled out the existing days with what's actually been done. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, as my plan to go to the pool was thwarted and threw a wrench into the works. As noted in my previous post, I managed to get out this morning with a good strong session, so I'm working on making up for it. Will just have to make sure that I get that cycling session in tomorrow :oP

Tentative Schedule:
Mon Rest
Tue 5K Swim, 6mi Recovery
Wed 30K Ride, 6mi Recovery
Thurs 2.5mi Swim, 7mi GA w/10x100m
Fri 40K Ride
Sat 4mi Recovery, 30k Ride
Sun 16mi (25.7K) LSD, 10K Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment